Petzi.com is sponsoring an adoption contest to help find loving homes for Ginger, Sedona and Simon. The 1st family to adopt one of these beautiful dogs will receive a Petzi Treat Cam to enjoy with your new best friend.
Here are a few good reasons…
1. Older/rescue dogs are not as effort intensive as a young puppy. Chances are good that they will already be housebroken; a big issue to think about if you are not able to devote time and energy into proper housebreaking.
2. Not having to cope with the chewing and teething stage of a young puppy.
3. Medical exams, vaccination, de-worming, and neutering or spaying have already been taken care of by a veterinarian.
4. An older dog provides immediate companionship. A relationship between you and a puppy will take time to develop.
5. If the dog you adopt is over a year old, you pretty much know what you are getting as far as looks and size are concerned.
6. In most situations, a rescue/older dog is “grateful” and eager to please their new family. Many times when you “save” the life of a dog, a special and stronger than usual bond forms between the two of you.
Ginger is a super sweet Pit Bull Terrier who loves to give kisses! She is friendly, energetic, and loves a good snuggle. Ginger is looking for a home with no small animals and an active adult family that will help boost her confidence! She is approximately 4 years old and needs a home where she would be the only animal.
Here is a link to Ginger : http://www.pawsct.org/#!ginger/cdvp
Simon is a stunning Bull Terrier mix who bonds quickly to anyone who takes the time to get to know him. He loves giving kisses and enjoys playtime with his dog friends. He is housebroken and walks well on leash. Simon is looking for an adult home that will let him sprawl on the couch with a bucket full of his favorite toys! He is 7 years old, we have a grant called “The Grey Muzzle Grant” in place that offers some financial support to the adopter.
Here is a link to Simon: http://www.pawsct.org/#!simon/cxwz
Sedona is a cheerful and curious Pit Bull mix! She loves to make new friends and take long walks. Sedona had a rough start as a stray and needs some reassurance when trying new things. She is looking for an active adult family that wants to help her learn all about the joys of home life! Sedona would be best as an only dog in a home with older children. She is approximately 3 years old.
Here is a link to Sedona : http://www.pawsct.o/#!sedona/c1nh4
Ginger, Simon and Sedona are presently being cared for
by PAWS Animal Welfare